by Andy Bell
How Apple Cider Vinegar Aids Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is the liquid that results when you distill and ferment crushed apples. ACV is well known for its numerous health benefits including treatment of high blood pressure, sore throat, and diabetes.
However you must have heard that drinking apple cider vinegar could help you shed some weight, have you tried it? Do you who have friends who have tried it and can confirm this? Will apple cider vinegar really make you lose weight? So, how does apple cider vinegar aid weight loss?
The answer to this question lies in how the contents and effects of apple cider vinegar affects your body. Several scientific studies have yielded results that confirmed that apple cider vinegar really helps you lose weight and in this article we would show you how it does this.
Apple Cider Vinegar Diet: Can It Help You Lose Weight?
- Apple cider vinegar helps to regulate blood sugar levels
Spikes and crashes in your blood sugar may alter your appetite making you snack at odd hours. Apple cider vinegar helps to keep your blood sugar stable, reducing fluctuations in its value especially after meals. This regulation of blood sugar, therefore, reduces the amount of sugar deposited as fats and the amount you take in.
- Apple cider vinegar suppresses appetite
Because of the acetic acid content of apple cider vinegar, it would make you feel fuller after ingesting a meal. Therefore by creating early satiety, apple cider vinegar reduces your need to eat more frequently causing you to lose weight. ACV also contains pectin which suppresses appetite is the same manner.
- Apple cider vinegar cleanses the body
Apple cider vinegar is rich in fibre which absorbs toxins from your body. This cleansing process promotes efficiency of various metabolic processes including digestion, absorption, and bowel movements. With optimal metabolic functions in your body, fats and sugars are degraded much faster and more effectively causing you to lose weight.
- Apple cider vinegar increases energy consumption
One of the ways apple cider vinegar boosts your body metabolism is by increasing your body’s use of iron. Iron is a key nutrient needed for trapping and transport of oxygen in the blood to all the cells of the body. Oxygen, on the other hand is required for the breakdown of sugar to produce energy for the body.
Apple cider vinegar boosts iron delivery and utilization which, in turn, boosts metabolism, breakdown of fat and sugar, and weight loss.
- Apple cider vinegar improves bowel movement
When you consume heavy or fatty meals, certain chemicals are released to slow down the digestive process and food remain in your gut much longer, increasing the amount of fats absorbed by it.
What apple cider vinegar does is to increase the forces within the gut which push food down. This reduces the transit time of food in the gut, therefore, reducing the amount of fat it absorbs into your body.
So, will apple cider vinegar really help you lose weight? Of course it will, however, there are certain salient points you need to know to enjoy this benefit of apple cider vinegar to the fullest.
Here are the Serving Instructions for ACV
- Add a teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and drink once daily, then increase as tolerated to 2 teaspoon daily. Studies have recommended that daily serving of 2 teaspoons of acid cider vinegar in a cup of water is adequate to achieve considerable weight loss.
- Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic, so must be consumed in its diluted form. The undiluted form of ACV can cause erosion of the linings of your mouth, throat, and stomach. Drinking undiluted ACV can also damage your teeth.
- You may find the taste of ACV quite unpleasant, so you could add honey to it to get extra health benefits off of it.
- You can also add ACV to your tea or soups as a way of enjoying it. However, you must let the tea and soup simmer down before adding ACV to avoid heat-induced loss of nutrients.
- Drink ACV before eating to boost digestion of your food.
So don’t be in doubt anymore, apple cider vinegar will really help you to lose weight.
Will Apple Cider Vinegar Really Help You Lose Weight?
Raw unprocessed apple cider vinegar is the best form to promote weight loss. This raw form still retains much of the health benefits of ACV. Furthermore, you can buy any brand of unpasteurized organic ACV to enjoy this weight-loss benefits. Although the high acid content of ACV protects it from growth of certain bacteria, pregnant women are advised to purchase only the pasteurized forms to prevent transmission of serious food-borne infections which may also affect the baby.