What is CBD Hemp Oil?
CBD hemp oil is a CBD-rich natural botanical extract obtained from the stalk and seed of hemp plants. Hemp or industrial hemp is a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant species. CBD, short for Cannabidiol, is one of the cannabinoids (more than 85) so far identified in the hemp plant. CBD is the second most common cannabinoid after Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Unlike THC, CBD is non-psychoactive and therefore does not cause a euphoric high.
Highly concentrated or pure CBD hemp oil also contains other nutritious substances such as omega-3 fatty acids, terpenes, vitamins, chlorophyll (the green substance in plants that lets them use the energy from the sun to produce their own food), amino acids, and some other cannabinoids. Thus pure CBD hemp oil can provide several health benefits.
CBD hemp oil is typically taken as a liquid under the tongue. It can also be mixed with food and consumed as a dietary supplement. Great progress in CBD hemp oil product development has now made many types of such products, including capsules, drops, and even chewing gum easily available in the market. Pure CBD hemp oil can also be used for topical application, in the form of skincare products.
The CBD Hemp Oil for Kids: A trendy health and wellness cure
Kids are extremely vulnerable members of our society. Kids most vulnerable to external influences are those who are still not even born. Hence there is great concern about the use of CBD hemp oil for children, or, during pregnancy. However, dismissing this concern are a six-year study on pregnant Jamaican women and their kids, and a research conducted on a cannabis-smoking group in California. Both these studies did not detect any developmental abnormalities in the babies. Also, all women gave birth naturally, and a few sterility issues were corrected.
CBD hemp oil can certainly be a game changer for ailing kids if it’s used appropriately. Always consult your child’s doctor, and a medical cannabis expert, before administering CBD, and obtain the CBD products through the proper legal channels. Also, read reviews and talk to other parents to learn as much as you can about a particular CBD product under consideration. In many states of the US, a “CBD-only” product is defined as having less than 0.3 percent or 0.5 percent THC. Medical cannabis experts understand the prescription of medical cannabis and hence it is very essential to consult about the disease and the right dose of CBD oil to be given to your child. CBD oil is not cheap, because of the cost involved in growing the plants and extracting the oil. In case you are struggling to pay, try to seek help from your legislators such that they could encourage insurance firms to cover the cost.
Pure CBD oil is known to have a nutty or grassy taste. Some children might find the oil too bitter to hold in the mouth or swallow. Not to worry, simply have them swallow it with a spoonful of yogurt or ice cream. This would surely mask the true flavor of the oil for your child. Water-soluble CBD drinks also help here as CBD capsules can easily be broken open and dropped into your child’s favorite juice or smoothie.
Here are significant benefits of CBD hemp oil for kids:
- Helps with Autism – Autism is a mental condition which is present from early childhood. A child suffering from autism experiences great difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people. In severe cases, kids with autism really struggle with the ins and outs of mundane things that we experience in our lives. With CBD hemp oil, there is hope on the horizon. There is a reason to believe that when exposed to CBD, the blocked cannabinoid 2 receptors of an autistic brain, are opened and this allows molecules to act on them, thus opening the previously blocked pathways in the brain. Furthermore, research done in the US indicates that CBD hemp oil helps reduce epilepsy that troubles about 30% of autistic children.
- Cures Insomnia – There is nothing severely upsetting like a child suffering from insomnia. In such a situation the parents will need to stay awake and try all possible ways to enable their child to get some sleep. Insomnia for kids usually comes with other medical conditions such as intense fatigue and stress. Studies have proven CBD hemp oil from black diamond stain to be an excellent treatment for insomnia. This oil can comfortably be given at the same time as other methods of curing insomnia. Also, there are no side effects of CBD oil treatment.
- Treats Cancer – CBD oil has been increasingly used to relieve the harsh symptoms of chemotherapy such as nausea, anxiety, and insomnia. However, recent research has shown that CBD induces cancer cell death and can effectively treat cancer on its own. The findings suggest that CBD targets cancer cells, known to be highly concentrated in CB2 receptors. The proteins on these receptors recognize CBD and bond to it in a key-in-the lock pattern. This receptor-CBD bonding destroys the cancer cells.
- Beneficial for Skin Diseases – The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD can be an asset for a variety of inflammatory skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis. The most promising role of CBD has been observed in the treatment of itch. CBD oil applied topically in the right quantity has no side effects on the skin. Just like the benefits of cannabis seeds on the skin, CBD also provides incredible effects. So it is safe for application on your kid’s sensitive skin, in the form of medicinal creams and lotions.
- An Effective Skincare for Infants – Baby skin, being very delicate and sensitive, demands extra care. It is important to use the most suitable skincare products for babies as their skins’ protective mantle is not fully developed. CBD oil infused baby balms and zinc ointment provide the rich healing properties of cannabis, with no nasty side effects.
- On the Lighter Side: CBD-infused Candies – A fun way to provide your kids with the healing effects of CBD oil is through CBD-infused chocolates and candies. Let them enjoy such munchies and also take in the benefits of CBD oil such as combating pain and relaxing the mind.
After reading these myriad benefits of CBD hemp oil for kids, you can be most assured that it is perfectly safe for them. When it’s about choosing a natural option for you to give to your kids, safety is most certainly one of the top concerns.
Kathy T. Cooley is an avid reader who enjoys getting lost in the world of books. Holding on to her passion for fitness, she is also curious about unconventional medicine. She is intrigued about various discoveries in the field of Marijuana and loves reading the latest researches in the field of Cannabis.